Kinship

Apr. 26th, 2005 08:31 pm
aragorn_reader: (Default)
[personal profile] aragorn_reader
As the War of the Ring ends, Aragorn plans to marry the niece of Númenor’s first king. I can't imagine that Gondor's council will object.


source: AICN?

Date: 2005-04-27 01:01 am (UTC)
shirebound: (Default)
From: [personal profile] shirebound
the niece of Númenor’s first king

I never thought of it that way!

Date: 2005-04-27 01:22 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] aragorn-reader.livejournal.com
I know! It's so obvious, I felt like an idiot for not realizing this before. But then, kinship reckoning was never my strong point in anthropology.

Tolkien's mythology is deceptively simple in the consequences of/for the various cultures' life spans.

Date: 2005-04-27 07:21 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] fadagaski.livejournal.com
Y'know, even though I knew they were distantly related, it just didn't strike me that she was the niece of Elros. Weird.

Date: 2005-04-27 08:41 am (UTC)
From: [identity profile] aragorn-reader.livejournal.com
Distantly but strategically related!

The elvish factor strikes again!

Profile

aragorn_reader: (Default)
aragorn_reader

March 2008

S M T W T F S
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
3031     

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 18th, 2026 02:23 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios